Kurnool: A five-year-old boy died after falling into a large vessel of piping hot sambar at the hostel of Vijayaniketan Residential School at Panyam in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday.
UKG student Purushotham Reddy and many other children were in a queue for their lunch in the dining room of the hostel. The police said there were a few large vessels filled with food items next to the kids who were jostling for space as they moved ahead for their turn.
Purushotham, a native of Tippayepalle village under Orvakal Mandal, lost his balance and fell into the hot sambar. He suffered serious burns and was taken to the nearest government hospital. The child died of his injuries in the night.
The boy’s father Shyamsundar Reddy rushed to the hospital only to see the body of his son. Sources the school staff fled from the hospital. Purushotham's father said he lost his son due to the school's negligence. He said the boy's mother Kalpani died of ill-health around a year back.
Following a complaint by the child's father, the police have booked the school management for negligence.
The father also submitted a representation to the Kurnool Collector and district education officer, seeking action against those responsible for the death of his son.
DEO Saibabu said that they have begun a probe into the incident. "Our preliminary inquiry has revealed that negligence of the school management led to the death of the student. We have observed that the hostel is being run illegally. Over, 3,000 students are staying there. Ironically, the management claimed that there were no CCTV cameras at the hostel," the DEO said.
The school authorities apparently have claimed the boy ran and fell into the hot sambar and that there was no negligence from their side.
Also Read: https://newsmeter.in/picnic-turns-tragic-as-boy-drowns-three-missing-in-the-sea-off-srikakulam/