15-month-old girl injured in explosion at Habsiguda

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  19 Oct 2019 4:40 PM GMT
15-month-old girl injured in explosion at Habsiguda

Hyderabad: An explosion from a plastic container at a house in Habsiguda triggered panic among the residents. A 15-month-old girl was injured in the explosion, adding to the worry of the residents.

However police clarified there is nothing to worry and there were no explosives involved in the incident. It was a result of a chemical reaction, they said. The incident had occurred at VST colony under the limits of Nacharam police station.

The girl K Chaitra was playing in the backyard of their home on Saturday morning. She accidentally stepped on a plastic container and it immediately exploded with a loud noise. Due to the noise, crowds gathered outside the house, while the girl injured her left toe. Her father Srisailam rushed to her rescue and kicked away the container but he escaped unhurt.

Police teams from Nacharam police station along with clues teams, bomb teams and other wings of Rachakonda commissionerate rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area. The clues teams seized the plastic container measuring around a liter. They also seized the chemical that was scattered in the area due to the explosion.

Nacharam Inspector K Mahesh told media persons that the container was containing an unknown chemical. As it was in the container for a very long time and not stored in a proper manner, it turned solid and resulted in the explosion when the girl stepped on it.

It is suspected that the container was lying in the area outside their house, but how it made its way into the house is being probed.

He further added that the chemical exploded with high pressure and there was no fire in the incident. “ There is nothing to panic. It is just a chemical explosion and the samples are being sent for Forensic Science Laboratories for a detailed examination. A case is registered and being probed into.” he further added.

Meanwhile, the girl was rushed to a private hospital and is out of danger according to hospital authorities.

Next Story
Share it