Vizianagaram: An 18-month-old girl lost her life after she swallowed a toy that came with the snack packet at Chinagudaba village in Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh.

Though the incident took place on Sunday night, it came to light on Monday after the police registered a case.

The deceased has been identified as Mounika. As per the reports, Mounika’s mother Sandhyarani had purchased a snack packet on Sunday evening.

While consuming the snacks, the girl found a small plastic toy inside. The child tried to swallow it but the toy got stuck in her throat cavity.

The girl was rushed to a hospital, but the doctors could not save her.

Sub- Inspector of Garugubilli police station Y Simhachalam said that the small plastic toy packed inside the snack packet was a freebie.

“We can’t blame anyone for the death of the girl. It was an unfortunate incident. A case under Section 174 of CrPC (suspicious death) was registered and the investigation is on,” he added.

A pall of gloom has descended on the village.

Relatives of the deceased girl have appealed the authorities to take steps to stop packing such toys inside the snack packets to prevent such incidents in the future.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *