Chittoor: Around 25 workers were hospitalized after they inhaled suspected ammonia gas that leaked from a dairy unit at Bandapalli village in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh on Thursday night.

Police said the condition of five workers is serious.

Suspected ammonia gas is used for refrigeration in the dairy unit.

 Over 30 to 40 people were working at the unit when the incident occurred. After the incident, many people were taken ill and shifted to Chittoor government hospital for treatment.

Police are yet to ascertain the exact reason for the gas leak. They are suspecting that due to technical glitch, the gas leaked from the unit.

Based on the information, the officials of the Fire Service and Revenue departments visited the plant to plug the leak.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *