Kal Ho Naa Ho, which is directed by Nikkhil Advani and has Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta and Rani Mukherji in lead roles, was released on November 28, 2003. This romantic drama has an amazing plot which will leave everyone with happy tears and sad tears in equal measures.
The songs especially are magic to music lovers out there. Today, it completes 16 years since its release and the fans of the film can’t keep calm. On this occasion, #16YearsofKHNH is being celebrated on social media. So take a look at some trivia that all #KHNH fans have to know.
1. Karan Johar, while writing the plot, had his friend Kareena Kapoor in mind. But the actress asked for such a high remuneration that Karan replaced her with Preity Zinta.
2. The ‘Pretty Woman’ song is favourite for many even today. Unlike many other production houses, the makers complied with international copyrights law and bought the licence to the rights of the song which belongs to Roy Orbison.
3. Karan had also approached Abhishek Bachchan, Vivek Oberoi and Salman Khan for the role played by Saif Ali Khan. Others rejected the offer for various reasons and Salman said no to it as he did not want to play second fiddle to Shah Rukh Khan.
4. Initially, Karan wanted to name this film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. But after listening to the song titled Aisa Milan Kal Ho Naa Ho in Kajol and Saif starrer Hamesha, he changed his mind and named the film Kal Ho Naa Ho.
5. The red dress that Preity wore in the film is pretty much popular for being jinxed. Yes, because every time the actress wore it, something would go wrong. Either the rain machine would stop working, or the shoot would get cancelled, or something else would crop up.
unbeatable and untouchable for life. #16YearsOfKHNH pic.twitter.com/VCU2qjWzc6— nyctophile. (@sprihaxx) November 27, 2019
unbeatable and untouchable for life. #16YearsOfKHNH pic.twitter.com/VCU2qjWzc6