Vijaywada: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Reddy reacted to the massive fire that broke out in the Vijaywada district on Sunday, 9th August. The state chief ordered an in-depth inquiry into the incident.
Jagan Reddy expressed shock and grief over the mishap that took place at the Swarna Palace hotel in Vijaywada, further inquiring the cause of the accident.
The CM was informed by his team that the hotel had been leased to a private contractor, and was harbouring COVID suspects. Ten casualties have been reported.
The CM further directed to take up required rescue measures and ensure proper medical care to the victims of the fire. He has also ordered an official inquiry into the accident.
Atleast ten patients were feared killed when a fire broke out at a private COVID-19 care centre, Swarna Palace Hotel, on Eluru Road in Vijayawada in the early hours of Sunday.
The fire, which broke out at 4.30 am on the first floor of the multi-storied hotel, quickly spread to the second floor too. A private hospital, Ramesh Hospital, had a tie-up with the Swarna Palace Hotel to run a COVID care centre.
The fire occurred on the first floor of the multi-storied building, the flames and smoke spread to the second floor of the building also. A private hospital has been running the COVID Care Center in Vijayawada city.
Vijayawada Police Commissioner B Srinivasulu said that the electrical short- circuit might have the reason for the fire mishap. The incident took place when the patients were asleep.
#Breaking: Seven COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment at a private COVID Care Centre ( Swarna Palace Hotel) on the Eluru Road area in Vijayawada city died and few others suffered injuries as fire broke out in the hospital. pic.twitter.com/a35kpXKw8l
— NewsMeter (@NewsMeter_In) August 9, 2020