Hyderabad: Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation(GHMC) slapped a fine of Rs. 5,000 against Spicy Restaurant in the Jubliee Hills Area after cockroaches were found in their mutton biryani. The municipal authorities conducted inspections at the restaurant based on a complaint by a customer who had alleged that he found cockroaches in their biryani.
On 10 February, Shikande Umesh Kumar visited Spicy Restaurant for dinner. He ordered mutton biryani, Afghan chicken, and butter naan and was shocked when he found cockroaches in his biryani. He immediately raised a complaint via MY GHMC app, after which a fine of Rs. 5,000 has been imposed on the restaurant.
Mr Umesh Kumar told Newsmeter, “Unhygienic food is being served in most of the restaurants in the city. Food inspectors and assistant medical officer of health should inspect restaurants regularly so that people do not fall sick. Cockroaches are a common sight in restaurants. People should come forward and lodge complaints through MY GHMC app whenever they face these kinds of issues.”