Hyderabad : The family of deceased six-year-old Monish were shocked after police dropped Incor PBEL city builders from the list of accused in the chargesheet despite being named in the FIR for `causing death by negligence’ last year.
On February 11, 2019, Monish died of electrocution while playing with other children in the park at PBEL City Hyderabad. While playing, Monish went to a nearby lamp-post and held it to swing.
The incident was captured on the CCTV camera. It later emerged that the boy was left unattended for at least three to five minutes. The residents after noticing Monish lying on the ground shifted him to a room for first-aid, but by then it was too late for the kid to survive.
Narsingi Police had registered a case under section 304 A (causing death by negligence) of IPC against the builder Incor Developers, Residents Welfare Association of PBEL City and the firm responsible for maintainance.
Ten months later, police filed the chargesheet against the management of the maintenance firm at PBEL City. Surprisingly, Incor PBEL city builders were excluded despite being named as accused number three in the FIR.
In the chargesheet accessed by NewsMeter, police have named Baswaraj, electrician at Golden Star Facilities (maintenance firm), Pichakuntla Madhav, housekeeping staffer at PBEL city, Cheguri Sai Kumar Goud, lift technician at PBEL city, as the accused. Assistant manager Jerripotula Ratnababu and Managing director of Golden Star Facilities, Anitha Verghese , were also named in the chargesheet. However the name Icor PBEL city developers who were booked as per the chargesheet was excluded in the final chargesheet.
Monish’s family was shell-shocked. Speaking to NewsMeter, K. Divakar aggrieved father of Monish said, “Incor builders were named as accused number three in the FIR. The cops had told court that it was due to the negligence of Golden Star Facilities, Incor and Residents Welfare Association of PBEL city that caused the death of Monish. Surprisingly, the builders were excluded in the final chargesheet. The cops asked me to show evidence against the builder’.
When this correspondent crossed checked with the Narsingi police, a cop on condition of anonymity said, ” There is no substantial evidence found against the builders’.
What did the Investigation reveal?
Investigation revealed that an unskilled housekeeping staffer had left a live wire exposed adjacent to the lamp post which killed six-year-old Monish. Later Narsingi Police arrested Sai Kumar Goud, 25-year-old housekeeping staffer and Madhav, lift mechanic, both working for Golden Star Facilities and Service Private Limited.
“Ahead of the Sankranthi festivities at PBEL city gated community, housekeeping staffer Sai Kumar Goud had set up temporary floodlights. While installing additional lights, the staffer, who was not trained, removed the electric connection from the lamp post’s junction box. After the festival, he was supposed to re-connect the live wires. However, it was not done, which is a criminal negligence,” investigating officer of the case told NewsMeter.
Monish clung to the lamp post where a live wire was exposed which resulted in his electrocution. “Two of the accused confessed that the works were carried out at the behest of the electrician” the officer said.
Postmortem report of Monish revealed that the death was caused by cardiovascular arrest due to electrocution. During the post mortem, Red-brown colour wound was found on the left forearm of Monish. The report said wound was probably due to electrical entry. Besides, Monish body had no other wound or fracture. The heart contained clotted blood. “Death probably due to Cardio-respiratory arrest due to electrocution”, said the report.