Hyderabad: The Hyderabad patient who was diagnosed positive for coronavirus has been identified as an employee of artificial intelligence company nymo. The 24-year-old techie is currently undergoing treatment at Gandhi hospital in Hyderabad. His samples have been sent to Pune Virology Centre. The patient’s condition is currently stable. He is expected to have been in touch with his colleagues from Singapore and Hong Kong during a company meet in Dubai.
Since a few months, the techie who is an IIT Mumbai passout has been working in nymo’s office in Smart Works at Global Technology Park in Bangalore. The artificial intelligence company also has its office in International Plaza at Singapore and Queen’s Road Central in Hong Kong.
Coronavirus: Situation so far in Telangana
According to the Health and Family Welfare Department of Government of Telangana, as many as 18,224 travellers are screened for Coronavirus at the Shamshabad airport of Hyderabad so far. Out of 445 passengers, 100 passengers completed 28 days observation.
Along with one patient who was tested positive, 36 other suspects got admitted at Gandhi Hospital. Remaining 408 are under home quarantine for 28 days.
So far, with regard to the positive patient, 86 people who have been in contact with him have been traced and kept under surveillance.
Till now, 155 samples have been taken from passengers and 118 were found negative. The results of 36 suspects are awaited. The health status of the suspects who are under observation at home and hospitals is stable.
Cabinet sub committee meeting held
A Cabinet sub-committee meeting was held on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Telangana, Eatala Rajender to analyse the state of Coronavirus in Hyderabad. The following decisions have been taken during the meeting.
- In addition to 3 designated hospitals, Military hospital, TB sanitorium Vikarabad and all teaching hospitals around Hyderabad are identified for isolation and treatment for Covid-19 suspects.
- 100 crore budget is allocated to meet emergencies
- Extensive awareness activities are to be carried out by setting up of hoarding, advertising in print and electronic media, cinema halls, railway stations, bus stations and audio-visual aids
- 104 is set up as state COVID-19 Helpline
- Officers will be designated as Nodal Officers from 9 line Departments for inter-departmental coordination and implementation
Universal Thermal Screening
In view of community spread of the disease, the Telangana state government has decided to expand the Universal screening to all the passengers coming in flights directly from Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Nepal, Iran and Italy besides the flights from China and Hong Kong.