Hyderabad: A 14-year-old boy succumbed to dengue on Tuesday while undergoing treatment at Yashoda Hospital. The deceased has been identified as Dhaval, a resident of Sainikpuri from the Secunderabad area.
Master Dhaval, who was studying in the ninth standard was admitted at Yashoda hospital after being diagnosed with dengue a month ago. He was on dialysis but his health condition deteriorated and he died on Tuesday morning.
“After suffering for one month, the family was informed that Dhaval died of dengue shock syndrome around 2:12 am on Tuesday at Yashoda Hospital. Reportedly, he was diagnosed with dengue a month ago which also affected his kidneys due to which he was on dialysis. Dhaval belonged to a Gujrati Jain family who recently shifted to Sainikpuri area. His last rites were performed on Tuesday morning. This is the second dengue death in Sainikpuri area as recently an old man also passed away due to dengue,” said Mr C S Chandrasekhar, Federation of North-Eastern Colonies of Secunderabad (FNECS)
Expressing grief over his sudden demise, members of his locality said that Dhaval was a very disciplined joyful kid whom they could never forget. They even tweeted, “May God give enough strength to his parents to overcome this huge loss. Master Dhaval left us at 02:12 am. 24-09-2019, 9th standard suffered from dengue for the past one month and was on dialysis in Yashoda secbad. Very disciplined joyful kid whom we could never forget. Om Shanthi.”
May God give enough strength to his parents to overcome this huge loss.
Master Dhaval left us at 02.12 am. 24-09-2019
9th standard suffered with dengue past one month he was on dialysis in Yashoda secbad..
Very disciplined joyful kid whom we could never forget
Om Shanthi.😔 pic.twitter.com/HayhA1EmRz
— Greensainikpuri (@greensainikpuri) September 24, 2019
However, hospital authorities denied that his death was due to dengue. Official Spokesperson from Yashoda Hospital said, “He did not die of dengue instead he died of liver infection and multiple issues”.