Hyderabad: “Diversionary tactics can only work temporarily. In the long run, governments will have to answer tough questions about job creations and economy,” said TRS Working President KT Rama Rao. He was answering a question on central government diverting from pressing issues.
After a hiatus, the TRS minister post-Sunday lunch invited questions with #AskKTR on the microblogging site Twitter. Besides revealing operational dates of a few pending infrastructure projects, the minister reiterated that Telangana cabinet would soon take an appropriate call on the Citizens Amendment Act 2019.
Revealing his three mantras — innovation, infrastructure and inclusive growth — for the state, the Telangana minister said, “The primary focus of the government, besides infrastructure, will be to strengthen textiles, electronics and old processing sector.”
A few minutes past 4 pm, #AskKTR topped the trending list on Twitter. Questions varied from grievances to wishes. KTR mentioned that the former American President Barack Obama is his inspiration besides his father Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao.
A question sought his response about Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s six-month-old governance. The Telangana Minister succulently said, “I think he started well.” However, KTR refused to comment on AP’s three-capital formula.
While a few questions were on GO 111, the tweeple asked him when there could be a lift in the government order. GO 111 protects the catchment area of Osman Sagar and Himayat Sagar reservoirs and restricts construction and industrial activity in the area. The minister prioritised the protection of century-old Himayat Sagar and Osman Sagar dam — one of Hyderabad’s oldest water reservoirs.
Projects in the pipeline for Telangana:
1. Kakatiya Urban Development Authority (KUDA) master plan will be out by the first week of January
2. Slip roads and missing link roads in the pipeline at Gopanpally
3. Three more flyovers at LB Nagar under the Strategic Road Development Authority
4. Focus on setting up dump yards and waste to energy plants across municipalities
5. The T-hub phase 2 works are expected to complete by mid-2020
6. More than 50 new over bridges and skywalks have been sanctioned
7. New Revenue Act
8. Pharmacity will be made operational in 2020