Hyderabad: A young man was electrocuted to death in Jagtial district in Telangana on 10 May after he touched a transformer in an inebriated condition. Though the incident happened in broad daylight and in full public view, no one could rescue him. The man, who was in his mid-20s, died on the spot. He is yet to be identified.
According to sources, the man had consumed alcohol at Korutla town in the district and was probably returning home. He was unable to walk and started throwing stones at passers-by and shouting at the top of his voice.
Eyewitnesses said he started walking towards a transformer that was by the roadside. Before they could understand what was happening he had walked straight to the transformer and laid his hands on it. He died on the spot. The police arrived immediately and switched off the power supply. They are trying to identify the victim.