Hyderabad: Rajiv Gandhi International Airport has started E-Boarding service for International passengers. The airport has rolled out indigenously developed a digital solution to international flights. Earlier the airport become the first airport in India to offer end-to-end paperless E-boarding to all its domestic passengers across all flights in 2015.
The E-boarding solution is fully backwards-compatible, and passengers would be free to choose between using conventional paper boarding passes or electronic boarding passes on their mobile phones to use the system. The key benefits of International E-boarding will be enhanced passenger experience as its helps in reducing queue waiting time at the airport, e-boarding removes redundancies at checkpoints, helps airlines to optimize their processes and improve their resource utilization.
With the help of E-boarding, the real-time data availability of all passenger checkpoints will help the airport to continuously enhance its operational efficiency and enhances overall safety and security of the airport.
Airports international e-boarding service ramps up safe travel options for international passengers choosing to fly out of Hyderabad. The service is currently available for select international flights of IndiGo Airlines. Other scheduled international carriers operating out of Hyderabad are in the process of integration with the airport’s e-boarding system, which will be rolled out soon. Hyderabad International Airport rolled out its e-boarding services for international flights after the government’s nod based on a rigorous and successful pilot trial.
“Implementation of successful E-boarding at RGIA is the outcome of the collaboration with cross-functional teams and all stakeholders, including our key partner IndiGo. We are confident that very soon we will get all our international carriers operating out of Hyderabad onto our e-boarding platform,” said Pradeep Panicker, CEO, Hyderabad International Airport Limited.
Recently, the Hyderabad International Airport achieved Airports Council International’s (ACI) Airport Health Accreditation’ for its measures strengthening safe travels.
As a process, any passenger boarding an international flight using e-boarding service will have to follow the steps below:
1) Book the ticket online
2) Do a web check-in
1) Departures Entrance Gate: Display the digital/printed boarding card at the e-boarding scanner; CISF validates the documents and allows passenger entry
2) Check-in Counter: Check-in agent scans the boarding card/s; Passenger drops luggage at the counter
3) Immigration: Passenger completes passport verification by officials of the Bureau of Immigration
4) Security Screening Zone: Puts hand baggage on Automatic Tray Retrieval System (ATRS), moves for security check. Scans the boarding card on the e-boarding scanner and moves on
5) Boarding Gate: At the announcement of boarding, scans the boarding card on the e-boarding scanner and moves towards the gates for boarding the aircraft
All international departures passengers are being processed from the Interim International Departures Terminal (IIDT).