Electrocution becomes the end of electrician in Hyderabad

Hyderabad: Dussehra celebration ended on a tragic note on Sunday at a Durga pandal in Kukatpally in Hyderabad. An electrician who was called to check the microphone died of electrocution in the pandal. Police suspect a short circuit in the cable could have led to the incident. It was later found that the electricity to the pandal was not earthed, which led to the incident.

According to Kukatpally police officials, the victim, 46-year-old Jakkula Laxman, is a resident of Hyderguda. The residents have erected a Durga idol at a temporarily made pandal in the colony. On Sunday night, when the organizers were about to begin Bathukamma celebration followed by a special puja at the panda, they noticed that the microphone at the pandal was not working. As Laxman was a resident of the same locality and an electrician, he was called to check the fault.

Laxman arrived at the pandal and touched the microphone to check up. Immediately, he collapsed, making a loud noise. He was rushed to a nearby private hospital, but doctors declared he was brought dead and also informed the police.

Police registered a suspicious death case and started a probe. It is yet to be found out if the pandal any permission from the police department and other departments concerned.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *