Hyderabad: A YouTube channel by name, DL News, which has 1.38 million subscribers claimed that the government decided that any pending electricity bill from April 1, 2020, of a household or of the farmers in the country will be waived from September 1, 2020, onwards.
To avail this scheme, the person has to enroll his name on a list. If he is successful in registering himself in the said list, his entire bill will be waived off. To get registered, one has to follow all the guidelines of the government and will have to subscribe to a YouTube channel “Modi Yojana List.”
This channel has 4,150 subscribers without any content in it. The user claims that it’s a government YouTube channel and that if people subscribe to this channel or mention their name in the comment box, their name will get added to the list.
Soon the government is going to update the link of the website where one has to fill the form and submit three documents, including scanned copies of Aadhar card, ration card, and electricity bill.
The government announces NO such scheme. The claim is FALSE.
On Friday, the Information Department of the Government of India, Press Information Bureau (PIB), made it clear through a tweet that the central government has not introduced any such scheme.
PIB has found in its Fact Check that this message is fake.
एक #Youtube वीडियो में यह दावा किया जा रहा है कि बिजली बिल माफी योजना 2020 के तहत 1 सितंबर से पूरे देश मे सबका बिजली बिल माफ होगा। #PIBFactCheck: यह दावा फर्जी है। सरकार द्वारा ऐसी किसी योजना की घोषणा नहीं की गई है pic.twitter.com/sKt7yljiJr
— PIB Fact Check (@PIBFactCheck) August 28, 2020
Previously, there was another false claim which said the central government was going to pay Rs 1.5 lakh to every Covid patient in each municipality.
Claim: A message circulating on #WhatsApp claims that Central Government is providing Rs 1.5 lakh to every Municipality for each #COVID19 patient. #PIBFactCheck: The claim is #Fake. No such announcement has been made by Government. pic.twitter.com/Ntr137aIUY
— PIB Fact Check (@PIBFactCheck) August 25, 2020
A few days ago, there was one more fake news that the central government was going to distribute free smart phones to every student in the country so that they can participate in online classes.
दावा: कोरोना वायरस के कारण स्कूल और कॉलेज बंद होने के कारण छात्रों की शिक्षा प्रभावित हुई है, इसलिए सरकार सभी छात्रों को मुफ्त एंड्रॉइड स्मार्टफोन दे रही है #PIBfactcheck: यह दावा फर्जी है, केंद्र सरकार ने ऐसी कोई घोषणा नहीं की है. pic.twitter.com/LkFA2rMtSn
— PIB Fact Check (@PIBFactCheck) August 24, 2020
Hence, the claim is FALSE.