Hyderabad: Fire broke out in the Alwal branch of State Bank of India in the early hours of Friday. The SBI PBB Old Alwal Branch, located at Alwal road, had caught fire at around 7.45am. According to preliminary enquiry, short-circuit is the cause for the mishap.

Soon after it was noticed by the security officer, the fire control room was immediately alerted.

“Two fire tenders were dispatched from the Secunderabad Fire station, after we received the call at 7.45am,” said a fire safety officer.

According to them, the fire was contained only at the ground floor, where the bank is located.

“It’s a three-storied building, but the fire has not spread to other floors. The fire was contained within half-an-hour of the fire safety officers’ arrival. The situation is under control,” said the official.

The cash desk has not suffered from any damage due to the fire, according to the manager of the SBI. However, certain records, furniture and computer systems have been affected. The exact loss due to the fire is yet to be ascertained and will be known after further investigation, said the officials.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *