Five times the Indian cricket team and its players set and broke world records
Hyderabad: C Among all this, there have been five occasions wherein Indian cricketers were the first to set or break a record in cricket.
1. The first man to score 10,000 runs in Test Cricket – The little master Sunil Gavaskar, was the first cricketer to score 10,000 runs in test cricket. In the 125 tests that he played, he scored a total of 10,122 runs with an average just above 51. He scored 34 tons(pls clarify) in the 125 tests that he played.
2. The first man to score an ODI double hundred – Sachin Tendulkar, the name itself says everything. To one of the many records has he set, he was the first man to score an ODI double hundred. He achieved the feat in 2010 against South Africa in Gwalior where he scored an unbeaten 200(147)*
3. The first team to win all ICC tournaments – Team India is the first team to win all the three major ICC trophies in cricket. The trophies include The ODI World Cup, The T20 World Cup and the ICC Champions Trophy. India won the ODI world cup in 1983 and 2011, the t20 world cup in 2007 and the ICC champions trophy in 2013.
4. The first woman to score 6000 runs in women ODI – Mithali raj is the first woman cricketer in the history of the game to score 6000 runs in WODIs. She surpassed former England captain Charolette Edwards who scored 5992 runs and scaled the mountain to score 6000 runs against Australia in the world cup.
5. The first woman to take 200 wickets in women ODI – Jhulan Goswami is the first-ever woman cricketer to take 200 wickets in WODIs. She achieved this by taking the wicket of South Africa opener Laura Wolvaardt during the second one-day game of the three-match series at Kimberley.