Hyderabad: In the noble quest to ensure that people, particularly the elderly citizens who get injured in road mishaps or fall sick, are able to reach nearby hospitals, almost immediately, a city-based organization, going by the wonderful name ‘Good Samaritans India’ has started a free bike ambulance service exclusively for abandoned elderly in the city. A small closed cabin fixed to one side of the bike acts as a mini ambulance, which is spacious enough to hold a saline stand and oxygen cylinder.
Aiswarya Sriram is a budding multimedia journalist and is currently working for NewsMeter as a "Factcheck Freelancer". A graduate from Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media (IIJNM) Bangalore, Aiswarya has earlier worked with The Logical Indian and has interned with Republic TV. Aiswarya, a Tamilian who was born and brought up in Mumbai, loves to do rural reporting. She has visited Byadgi Taluk of Karnataka, to write about the issues faced by chilli factory workers there, earlier in 2019. A craft enthusiast, Aiswarya also does quilling, painting and glass work. On her off-days, she loves to read crime-thrillers and watch anime. She primarily reports on civic issues, GHMC, human-interesting features, and fact-checking video stories.
- Fact Check: Did Japan’s Nobel laureate professor say COVID-19 is man-made virus? by Amritha Mohan Apr 25, 2020
- Hero’s send-off to Bittu, the dog by Newsmeter Network Apr 13, 2020
- Fact Check: Broiler chicken not affected with Corona virus by Aiswarya Sriram Feb 5, 2020
- Fact Check: Is the owner of Himalaya Global Holdings funding Islamic jihad? by Satya Priya BN Mar 12, 2020
- Transworld Educare director Dr David K Pillai arrested in GST fraud case by Newsmeter Network Jan 31, 2020
- Online abusers troll Telugu TV anchor Anasuya by Newsmeter Network Feb 10, 2020