Hyderabad: Doctor’s alleged negligence costs toddler’s life

Hyderabad: Three weeks after celebrating his first birthday, a child died at Suraram in Jeedimetla in the city. Poorna Sai suffered burns when boiling water accidentally fell on his hand at his home and was admitted in the hospital. Alleged negligence of the doctors in treating the child led to an infection that spread to his vital organs, eventually leading to his death.

On August 30th, Poorna Sai was playing at home when boiling water fell on his right hand and was burnt. He was rushed to Laxman Hospital at Suraram. Doctors treated him and packed the burns with a bandage. But as there was no dressing of the wound at regular intervals, an infection started to spread. Doctors found out a week later and suggested that the child be shifted to another hospital, where it was diagnosed that the infection had spread all over the body.

As they expressed helplessness, Sai was brought back to Laxman hospital where they continued to treat him. However, due to the infection, the situation was out of their control and the child breathed his last on Sunday.

Shocked parents protested at the hospital, blaming doctors for their negligence. They also lodged a complaint with Jeedimetla police station. A case is registered against the hospital management and doctors who treated the child and a probe is underway.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *