Hyderabad: A 25-year-old graphic designer from Hyderabad was in for a shock on Wednesday when he found a cockroach in his food delivered by Swiggy. Shali Hussain, a Madhapur resident, claimed that he found the roach in the idly-sambar from Minerva Coffee.
Sharing the incident, Shali Hussain told NewsMeter, “On Wednesday, I ordered idly-sambar from Minerva Coffee Shop through Swiggy. My friend opened the sambar and dipped the idly to find something suspicious. Initially, we thought it was a curry leaf, but, we realised that it was a cockroach. We were lucky to have noticed it. What would have happened if we were in a hurry? Due to the bad experience, I was unable to have anything for the whole day.”
He further added that this experience made them avoid outside food. However, they also admitted that being working professionals, cooking is complicated. “If a place like Minerva serves food like this, I don’t know whom to trust. Swiggy responded and apologised for the experience and gave us the link to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and asked us to mail to them. While we have already done that, Swiggy has not yet removed Minerva from their service. That’s the least they could do, at least this particular branch.
Annoyed Shali Hussain took to Twitter to express his anger. He tweeted, “Minerva Coffee Shop. Found a Cockroach in Delicious Healthy Sambar From #MinervaCoffeeShop, Madhapur, #Hyderabad. Ordered this morning from @swiggy_in. Worst response from @SwiggyCares (sic).”
Minerva Coffee Shop🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷Found a Cockroach in Delicious Healthy Sambar From #MinervaCoffeeShop, Madhapur, #Hyderabad. Ordered this morning from @swiggy_inWorst response from @SwiggyCares pic.twitter.com/sfhNwam3Qk— shalihussain (@shalihussain) September 25, 2019
Minerva Coffee Shop
Found a Cockroach in Delicious Healthy Sambar From #MinervaCoffeeShop, Madhapur, #Hyderabad. Ordered this morning from @swiggy_in
Worst response from @SwiggyCares pic.twitter.com/sfhNwam3Qk
— shalihussain (@shalihussain) September 25, 2019
In a similar incident, a Hyderabad resident was served non-vegetarian food instead of a vegetarian meal. Aruna Prasad, a Hyderabad resident, ordered butter paneer rice bowl and instead received chicken.