The 60-year-old ‘darbar’ system introduced by the former AIMIM leader Abdul Wahed Owaisi continues to be the biggest and only redressal platform to address complaints in Hyderabad. Away from bureaucratic hassles, here Hyderabadis get an opportunity to directly meet their MLAs and MNCs. When in town, Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi and MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi also join the representatives.
Dheeshma Puzhakkal is currently a Reporter with Newsmeter. An alumnus of Hyderabad Central University, she has interned with Greater Kashmir newspaper and NDTV. Dheeshma has also made short films and documentaries. Her documentary ‘Still I Rise’, which is based on sex-trafficking in Hyderabad’s Old City, has earned accolades in several film festivals, such as International Documentary and Short Film Festival, Kerala (IDSFFK). An avid foodie, she loves to travel and listen to stories that others tell. Photography is one of her all-time interests. She has extensively written on satellite-based journalism, health, consumer, and data stories besides covering anti-crime investigative agencies.
- Fact Check: Did Japan’s Nobel laureate professor say COVID-19 is man-made virus? by Amritha Mohan Apr 25, 2020
- Hero’s send-off to Bittu, the dog by Newsmeter Network Apr 13, 2020
- Fact Check: Broiler chicken not affected with Corona virus by Aiswarya Sriram Feb 5, 2020
- Transworld Educare director Dr David K Pillai arrested in GST fraud case by Newsmeter Network Jan 31, 2020
- Online abusers troll Telugu TV anchor Anasuya by Newsmeter Network Feb 10, 2020
- Plaint against Deloitte for forcing work beyond 48 hours per week by Anusha Puppala Mar 14, 2020