Hyderabad: In an attempt to ease working of the IT industry, which has been affected by the COVID-19 lockdown, the Cyberabad police has issued guidelines permitting 33 percent of the IT workforce to operate. Citing the government order that called for the extension of lockdown till May 29, it was said that the government of Telangana has “allowed the IT/ITES industry to work with 33 percent of the employees, in red zones including GHMC area,” while the remaining persons may work from home.
In the guidelines issued by Cyberabad police, under whose jurisdiction Hyderabad’s IT corridor falls, it was further stated that companies have to slowly begin with critical operations only. The guidelines are as follows:
1. It was suggested that companies need not begin all operations as once and follow a staggered ramp up plan.
2. Companies are suggested to follow staggered timings (Login between 7 am to 10 am; Logout between 3 pm to 6pm). Management of IT Parks and large campuses are asked to monitor this by building, tenant etc within each IT Park.
3. Authorization letters for Employees and cabs compulsory: employees are strictly directed to use authorisation letters for the purpose of travelling from Home to office and back home. Every employee MUST carry authority letter along with ID Card to commute to and for work.
4. Movements are strictly restricted during curfew hours (7pm to 7am).
5. Companies can engage buses to the maximum extent, following social distancing norms to reduce the number of individual vehicles on the road. Company buses may run with 50 percent occupancy.
6. Companies must ensure all Health, safety & hygiene measures are taken care as per the guidelines issued by the Telangana Health Department like ensuring wearing of mask, maintain social distancing, sanitizing, hand wash,
7.Four-wheeler vehicles may have 2 passengers besides the driver. Pillion riding is not allowed for two-wheelers.
8. Do not allow gathering of employees outside of IT parks, campuses which encourages street hawkers and other activities on roads. Strict action will be initiated if any violations are observed
9.Do not operate the Cafeteria until further notice.
10. No socializing or gathering of employees in common areas within the IT companies or IT parks to be allowed.