Jelly candy claims life of infant in Telangana

Hyderabad: An infant died of choking minutes after he ate a jelly toffee at Nizampet of Hyderabad on Wednesday night.

Identified as S Joshua Vivek, he started coughing soon after he consumed the toffee. However, his parents rushed him to a private hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

Police said Vivek’s parents Srinivas and Nagavalli, who originally hail from Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh, were residing in the city for the past six years. A year ago, they moved to a rented home at Nizampet.

On Wednesday night, Srinivas, a photographer by profession, bought toffee for Vivek before leaving for Kakinada. Soon after consuming the toffee, the child started coughing. Parents tried to help him out, but his condition did not get any better. They immediately rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared brought dead by doctors.

Bachupally police have registered a suspicious death case and started the investigation. “We suspect that the child died of choking. We are waiting for the postmortem report to know the exact cause of the death,” police said.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *