Kennel in Hyderabad catches fire, 6 dogs including 3 puppies dead 

Hyderabad: Six German Shepherds including three puppies died when a kennel in Malkajgiri in Hyderabad caught fire.

The incident occurred around 10 pm on Wednesday. The kennel installed a high-intensity light to keep the atmosphere warm for superior breeds like German Shepherds, Pugs, Rottweilers and Labradors. The heat from the light caused the stock of insect repellent and spray bottles to explode resulting in a fire. The fire later extended to a sofa and a nearby gas cylinder which exploded causing more damage.

Following the incident, Malkajgiri inspector of police said, “We received information about the incident around 10 pm on Wednesday. The owner Pavan Kumar Yadav was immediately arrested, an FIR has been filed and the investigation is underway.”

Five other dogs who were severely injured were rescued by the Malkajgiri police.

Anurag Mallick

A sports enthusiast, Anurag Mallick is currently working with Newsmeter as a reporter. He is a mass communication graduate from Loyola Academy. He is also a budding presenter and loves talking in front of the camera. His future aim is to discuss cricket professionally. He has earlier interned with a YouTube Channel, "Hind ki Pukaar" where he spoke on various topics infront of the camera. He has also interned with "WrytIn", a content writing platform, where he wrote articles on sports & entertainment. "Lights, Camera, Cricket" is what sums him up. He also loves playing cricket and other sports like Badminton & Volleyball.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *