Delhi: A thick wave of smoke could be seen coming out of Delhi’s All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences after a massive fire broke out around 16:50 pm on Saturday.
The fire broke out on the second floor in PC block near the emergency ward. Initially, 22 fire tenders were sent on the spot and later 12 more were sent bring the fire under control. Short circuit is said to be the reason behind the fire.
“At around 18:25 hours, fire was brought under control after continuous efforts and currently the cooling process is underway,” said Atul Garg, CFO, fire department.
Till now, no casualties have been reported. As a safety measure, the hospital has shut its emergency lab, the super-speciality OPD ward and the AB1 ward.
Former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has also been admitted at the ICU of the cardio-neuro centre but has been housed in a different building in the complex. Several politicians have been making regular visits to see Jaitely.