Hyderabad: A major fire broke out in a car showroom at Musheerabad in the early hours of Saturday. Mitra motors deals with the sales and service of Nexa cars. As many as seven cars along with the furniture, interiors in the showroom were gutted in the fire.
Four fire tenders from Secunderabad, Begumpet and other places rushed to the spot and contained the fire in two hours time. As the showroom is located in a densely built area, residents were panicked due to fear of the fire spreading to other establishments.
According to fire officials, the fire could have occurred due to a short circuit in the unit. As it was night time and the showroom was closed, there were no casualties due to the fire. But a huge quantity of the property along with cars were damaged in the fire. Musheerabad police registered a case and started investigation. Clues teams also visited the spot and collected samples for analysis. The fire department along with the electricity department have also launched a joint probe into the incident. The property loss is also being ascertained.
Meanwhile, fire officials have appealed to people to be cautious of loose wirings, hanging cables, which could lead to fire accidents.