Hyderabad: Alleged negligence by the field staff of the Telangana electricity department left a private electrician seriously injured at Dandepally of Mancherial district. Victim Rakesh had been engaged by the department to fix a faulty power line.
According to the police, Rakesh climbed a pole following a power outage complaint at Nagasamudram village. While he was busy repairing the line, suddenly the electricity flow resumed, leaving him with grievous injuries.
Rakesh was found hanging on the pole for quite some time until villagers spotted him and alerted the officials. Power supply to the line was turned off and Rakesh was brought down with the help of ropes. He was later taken to Karimnagar for better treatment.
The incident has once again exposed how the electricity department’s linesmen are shirking their work and instead, risking the lives of private persons.