Minutes after CM gives free hand, police unleash violence on TSRTC employees

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  12 Oct 2019 5:14 PM GMT
Minutes after CM gives free hand, police unleash violence on TSRTC employees

Hyderabad: Tensed moments witnessed outside the district hospital at Khammam district, with scores of TSRTC employees thronging the hospital, after the news of an employee’s suicide attempt spread. Meanwhile,Venkateswara Chary, another driver also attempted to immolate himself, but his colleagues came to his rescue and foiled the attempt. Even as the employees raised slogans against the government and the TSRTC management, a man claiming to be a police official in plain clothes, allegedly punched an employee in the stomach.

He also threatened a media person who was filming the incident. The video of the incident soon went viral on social media. The act of the police official, minutes after the Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao made an announcement giving a free hand to the police department to curb the protests, had attracted wide criticism.

The news of Srinivas Reddy attempting suicide at his house, upset over the Government stand on the strike, spread like a wildfire and soon employees from across the district and neighbouring areas rushed to the hospital in support. Even after the incident as there was not a word from the management or the government, another employee tried to immolate himself, but he was rescued.

With this, the hospital premises echoed with slogans against the government. Further, they demanded an immediate announcement on the long-pending issue of the employees. As crowds started pouring in, in support of Srinivas Reddy, police also deployed additional forces at the hospital, to keep the situation in control.

Even then the sloganeering continued. Suddenly, a team of policemen in plainclothes charges towards the employees. Even before the employees could realise, they penetrated into the hospital premises. Meanwhile, one person was seen punching an employee in his stomach. According to sources, the man was identified as Khammam taskforce Inspector Ramakanth. It was found that Ramakanth had masked his face with a handkerchief when he entered the premises and charged towards the protesting employees. He even warned the cameraman of a news channel for filming the act.

Next Story
Share it