Hyderabad : Decoration of a Ganesh pandal for immersion followed by electrocution of the material, left one person dead at Miyapur in the city on Sunday. 28-year-old Maddela Narsimha was preparing the idol for immersion process, when the incident happened.

 
Residents of MA nagar colony at Miyapur had set up a Ganesh panda in their locality and the immersion was scheduled on Sunday. In the evening a few residents started preparing the idol for immersion and some others were decorating the vehicle that carries the idol. 
 
In the process, Narsimha was arranging the iron frames at the pandal in an order, to make smooth passage for the idol. While arranging one of the frames came into contact with live electric supply wires passing from above.
 
As a result, he suffered electric shock and collapsed on the ground. He was rushed to a nearby private hospital, but was declared bought dead.
 
Police registered a case and started investigation.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *