Here are some of the most important points from his Independence Day 2019 speech
- While the entire nation celebrates Independence Day and Raksha Bandhan today, many people are suffering from heavy floods in 9 states. The NDRF (National disaster response force) and others are working full-fledged to ensure no harm is caused to the people. We have invested over 1.5 lakh in relief shelters across the country for the flood victims.
- Our government has completed 10 weeks, and we have taken a number of historic decisions like scrapping of Article 370 and 35A in Jammu and Kashmir. The removal of Triple Talaq which will help our Muslim sisters.
- India deeply understands the importance of water. We have decided to introduce a Jal Jeevan department; a new scheme called the ‘Jal Jeevan Scheme’ worth Rs 3.5 lakh crores.
- We must make sure that our fellow citizens from Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh live a peaceful life. We will make sure we give them a peaceful life to live by doing whatever possible.
- India’s defence forces have been working magnificently towards the safety of the nation. There is a debate going on about having a chief of defence forces from a very long time. We have finally decided to have a chief of defence forces very soon.
- We have also decided to allot a sum of Rs 100 lakh crore for infra.
The spirit of “One nation, One Constitution” has become real, and we are proud of that.
The age-old problem of population explosion has been bothering India right since the beginning. The decision of having a small family will help us overcome this problem and contribute to the development of the nation. This is also a form of patriotism.