Hyderabad: After the rape and murder of Hyderabad veterinary doctor, women’s safety in the city has become questionable. Hyderabad Commissioner Anjani Kumar asked anybody travelling alone to take few precautionary measures.
The measures are:
- While travelling, one should inform family/close relative/friend about the destination, as well as the time of return.
- Share the last location if possible.
- If the mode of transport is a cab or auto, then share the picture of the number plate and contact details (it will be on the backside of the auto driver’s seat, for taxi ID card will be available).
- Get to know about the route, if going to an unfamiliar place.
- Always wait in crowded and illuminated areas and not in isolated locations. Never hesitate in giving a signal to police patrol cars or Blue Colt police motorcycles in the area for help. They are for your safety and security.
- If there are no persons visible around, you should walk to the nearest shop, a commercial unit and stand very close to it, so moving traffic can easily observe you.
- Always be ready to dial 100.
- Download Hawk Eye app and turn the location services on at all times.
- In suspicious circumstances, please ask help from passengers.
- If there are no passengers or passersby, act as if you are talking to your relative on the phone who is the police, and share details of place and vehicles and people around you. It will scare any approaching attackers.
- Be confident and talk loud when confronted. Shout for help if the situation requires.
- If you are in a helpless condition, please shout and run towards a crowded area.
- Together we work to prevent crimes. Inform local police about local bad hats.
- In case you want to send some pictures for verification, you can send it on WhatsApp at 9490616555.
Hyderabad Police launched hawk Eye in December 2014. The app has only nine lakh downloads. The incident and follow up of the Hyderabad vet’s murder highlights a lack of awareness of the app among the people.