Hyderabad: Following a serious ‘lapse’ and dereliction of police duty in dealing with the missing complaint filed by the veterinary doctor’s family, the Cyberabad Commissioner V. C Sajjanar suspended three cops.
The failure of RGIA in registering the case at the respected police station and transferring the same to Shamshabad police has indicated a lapse within the system.
An official statement issued by the Commissioner’s office stated, ‘A detailed enquiry was conducted on the dereliction of duty on delaying the registration of FIR relating to a missing woman of Shamshabad Police Station on the intervening night of November 27th. Based on the findings, the following officers have been placed under suspension till further orders”.
The police officials placed under suspension are M. Ravi Kumar, SI of Police, Shamshabad, P. Venu Gopal Reddy, Head Constable, RGIA Airport PS and A. Sathyanarayana Goud, Head Constable, RGIA Airport.
The Cyberabad has also issued strict orders for the concerned police station to issue to register a case irrespective of the jurisdiction.
“All the officers of the Cyberabad police have been once again instructed to register the cases irrespective of jurisdiction whenever a complaint related to cognisable offence is received in the police station, added Cyberabad commissioner V. C Sajjanar.
Time Line of events leading to the veterinary doctor’s murder :
1 The four planned to trap Disha by puncturing her bike.
2. Accused (3) Jollu Naveen removed air from the back tyre.
3. The vet doctor returned to the toll plaza at around 9. 18 PM and found her bike punctured.
4. At 9. 22 PM, she called her younger sister to informed her that her bike broke-down.
5. While she spoke, drunk accused Areef got down from his lorry and approached her for help.
6. Cleaner Jollu Shiva (accused 2) took the Vet doctors bike and pretended to repair it.
7. Disha innocently agreed and fell into the trap.
8. Meanwhile, she called her sister, informing she was scared, who subsequently advised her to stand near a toll booth.
9. Accused Shiva returned stating that all puncture shops are closed and but pretended to once again check for repairs, he leaves.
13. Drunk Mohammed Areef, Jollu Naveen and Chintakunta Chenakeshavulu dragged the girl to an open plot near the toll plaza.
14. Her phone is switched off, and the worried family tries to trace her.
15. The trio took turns and raped her. Meanwhile, Shiva returns and they gang rape the victim.
16. The rapist closes her nose and mouth till her death, a lorry is parked in a manner to avoid public attention.
17. Her body is dumped in the lorry cabin 10.22 PM, and they drive towards Shadnagar, while rapist Shiva and Naveen ride her two-wheeler.
18. The two stop near a petrol bunk enroute asking for petrol. In a loose bottle, they get diesel at JP Dargah cross roads, Kothur
19. Meanwhile the family files a missing complaint, this comes after the lorry moved
20. An FIR is registered at 3. 10 AM based on the complainant.