Hyderabad: About 16 students from various Kendriya Vidyalayas have been selected to witness Chandrayaan-2 landing on moon at Sriharikota on September 7. With the aim to create awareness about the space programmes among the students of India, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) had written to all school boards to encourage children to participate in the quiz.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his show, ‘Mann ki Baat’ in July has said that the government would initiate a quiz competition among schools across the country and the winners of the competition would get a chance to visit ISRO in Sriharikota on September to watch the live-landing of Chandrayan-II on the moon.
While sharing the details of the quiz competition, he also urged the schools and students to begin preparations and participate in the competition.
Here are the names of the students along with the name of Vidyalayas who have been selected to watch the landing of Chandrayaan-2 on the moon, live, along with the Prime Minister:
1. Nishchal Badaya, KV SAC AHMEDABAD
2. Anushka Agrawal, KV NO1 AHMEDABAD
3. Zishaan Sanjeeb, Class X, KV No.1 Jalhalli, Bengaluru
4. Kanishka Gupta, Class VIII, KV ITBP Karera (Madhya Pradesh)
5. Akshat, KV 3 BRD Chandigarh
6. Manogya Singh, Class-IX, KV No. 2 Delhi Cantt.
7. Beevi Nafarasath Nidha, Class X, KV Kavarathi (Lakshadweep)
8. Devleena Hazarika,Class VIII, KV ONGC Jorhat (Assam)
9. Km. Garima Sharma, Class IX, KV Churu (Rajasthan)
10. Aujasava, Class IX, KV Bantalab (J&K)
11. Yash Gupta, Class-X, KV NHPC-Singtam, Sikkim
12. Shrijal Chandrakar, Class IX, KV Mahasamund (Chhattisgarh)
13. Anya Singh,Kendriya Vidyalaya, Mizoram University, Aizawl
14. Avipsa Pati,Kendriya Vidyalaya, NEHU, Shillong
15. Km. Sony Nongmaithem, Class-X, KV Loktak (Manipur)
16. Km. Tejashwini, Class VIII, KV NERIST (Arunachal Pradesh)