Two offenders released from jail arrested again for chain-snatching

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  8 Oct 2020 11:36 AM GMT
Two offenders released from jail arrested again for chain-snatching

Hyderabad: The Madhapur division police, on Thursday, apprehended two chain-snatchers and recovered gold ornaments weighing 3.5 tola from them. The police said that another gold chain weighing 4 tola is yet to be recovered from Muthoot Finance, Guntur branch.

The accused, identified as Afroze Khan, 22, and Mohd Amir, 21, went to jail for committing offences earlier and were released recently.

In 2018, Khan, a fruit vendor, turned into an auto driver and with the help of one Sohail Qureshi, who got released from Cherlapally Central Prison, committed 12 chain-snatching offences. These apart, Khan was also booked in 4 cases of automobile theft following which he was jailed. However, he was released in April 2020.

The other accused Amir was an electrician. He was booked in connection with three vehicle theft cases by the Humayun Nagar and Rajendra Nagar police. In March, 2020, he was released on bail from Chenchalguda prison.

After getting released from jail, Afroze and Amir used to frequently meet at Limra Hotel, Tolichowki, and they decided to commit offences again.

On July 29, the duo drove on a motorcycle, without a number plate, to Manikonda, Golden Temple and Puppalaguda. On the way, they noticed one of the complainants, Dasari Sireesha, riding on a Scooty, along with her husband Prem Kumar. Sireesha, who was carrying her handbag, was pillion-riding. The accused followed them on their bike for some distance and then Afroze snatched the handbag which had a One Plus cell phone and gold ornaments weighing 4 tola.

Police said that Afroze used to select the lanes where he could easily snatch chains and cell phones from women. After snatching the valuables, Afroze used to get the stolen cell phones unlocked by mobile phone repairers and then sell the same at wine shops to people who were in an inebriated condition.

Police said the duo would be produced in the court.

Next Story
Share it