Hyderabad: Following the Ministry of Civil Aviation’s direction to resume domestic flights across India, beginning May 25. The authorities at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport- Hyderabad are all set for the operations, they said.
In an official statement issued on May 21st, read, “GMR-Led Delhi and Hyderabad airports are ready to operate flights from Monday as per the directive by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. Both airport operators, Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) and GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL), have ensure a safe and healthy environment for passengers and staff members. Frequent sanitization of various passenger touch points, baggage and carts for the well-being of our passengers, have been set up. DIAL and GHIAL would encourage passengers to maintain social distancing at the airport,” GMR Airports spokesperson.
Meanwhile,The Ministry of Civil Aviation has brought out general instructions for the commencement of domestic air travel:
1. Airlines should adhere to the lower and upper limit of the fare prescribed by the ministry during the period of Covid-19 pandemic.
2. Only passengers who have confirmed web-checkin will be allowed to enter the airport.
3. On the day of commencement, only about 1/3rd of operations will be permitted
4. Passengers should report at least two hours before the departure time
5. Only one check-in baggage will be allowed.
6. Passengers will be requested to wear face mask.
7. A self declaration that the traveller is free of Covid-19 will also be obtained from the passengers.
8. The cabin crew are requested to be in full protective suit.
1. The airline shall not provide meal services on board.
2. Elderly passengers, pregnant women, passengers with health issues are advised to avoid air travel.
3. No physical check-in at airport counters would be done
4. No newspaper or magazine shall be provided onboard by the airlines