Colonel Santhosh Babu will be laid to rest in Suryapet

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  17 Jun 2020 5:49 AM GMT
Colonel Santhosh Babu will be laid to rest in Suryapet

Hyderabad: Final rites of Colonel Santosh Babu, who was killed in action during a violent face-off with the Chinese army at Galwan Valley in Ladakh, will be held at his home town Suryapet in Telangana on Thursday.

His wife Santoshi and children arrived at the RGI airport- Hyderabad on Wednesday morning. They were received by Cyberabad police and Military officials.

After completing formalities and other health protocols, they were taken to the Army Headquarters in Hyderabad. Cyberabad commissioner VC Sajjanar said Santosh Babu’s mortal remains will arrive in Hyderabad at 4 pm on Wednesday.

After the guard of honor, the mortal remains will be shifted to his home by road. His family members and army officials will accompany the mortal remains.

[amp-tweet tweetid=""]

The Indian Army lost a Commanding officer and two soldiers in the India-China face off on July 16th. Sources informed that Colonel B Santosh Babu, Commanding officer from Suryapet district of Telangana and two soldiers from Bihar regiment were killed in action. The army later informed that 20 more soldiers were killed in action.

An official statement from the Indian Army said, "During the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place yesterday night with casualties on both sides. The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers. Senior military officials of the two sides are currently meeting at the venue to defuse the situation'.

[amp-tweet tweetid=""]

Suryapet district administration has started making arrangements for final journey of Santosh Babu at the Hindu Smashana Vatika in the town.

Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has designated Minister E Jagadish Reddy to offer tributes on behalf of the state government.

Meanwhile, a sea of people is pouring in at his home to pay their respects to the brave officer, who died during a violent face-off with the Chinese army in Glawan Valley

Next Story
Share it