Freak power explosion injures seven-year-old boy in Balapur

Hyderabad: Explosion in a sound box that occurred while plugging to an electrical source, left a seven-year-old boy severely injured at Balapur in the city outskirts. Mohd Shaik Azeez, who suffered burns on both hands, is undergoing treatment at Osmania General Hospital.

A resident of Shaheen Nagar, the boy is studying in a Madrasa. On Friday he went to his grandparents’ house in the neighbourhood. When he was playing there, a teenaged neighbour took him to their house to play. While they were playing, Azeez went to the soundbox at the house and tried to plug it into an electricity source.

In the process, the soundbox exploded with a loud noise. While Azeez was injured in the incident, the other boy escaped unhurt as he was at a distance. Immediately the boy’s mother sent Azeez away even without informing his grandparents about the incident.

As his grandparents were away from home, neighbours noticed the injured Azeez and shifted him to Niloufer hospital from where he was shifted to Osmania Hospital.

Enquiries revealed that the boy and his mother did not take care of Azeez after the incident, neither did they bother to inform his family members.

As a result, Balapur police, under whose jurisdiction the house is, registered a case of causing injuries under the Juvenile Justice Act and started an investigation.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *