2 brothers charred to death after getting electrocuted in Jangareddygudem

Similar issues have been reported to the department earlier and the villagers have filed complaints and sought action

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  24 Jun 2022 11:02 AM GMT
2 brothers charred to death after getting electrocuted in Jangareddygudem

Eluru: Two siblings were charred to death after an 11 KV high-tension wire fell on them while they were riding a motorcycle. The incident happened in Devulapalli village under Jangareddygudem mandal in Eluru. The victims are Vallepali Nagendra (21) and Vallepalli Phanendra (19). They were going to the field in the morning to get milk when the accident occurred.

The elder sibling was a final-year engineering student and the younger one had finished his intermediate.

Meanwhile, the villagers blamed the electricity department for the mishap and alleged poor maintenance of the high-tension wires. Similar issues have been reported to the department earlier and the villagers have filed complaints and sought action, they said. They demanded the government pay Rs. 25 lakh each as compensation and take immediate action against the person responsible.

Next Story
Share it