Siddipet: House catches fire after battery of electric bike goes off

The semi-pucca house of Durgaiah was completely damaged in the incident. Luckily, none was injured in the incident as the family members were sleeping in the open place some distance away. A fire tender from Dubbak rushed to Pedda Cheekodu and doused the flames.

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  9 Jun 2022 6:05 AM GMT
Siddipet:  House catches fire after battery of electric bike goes off

Siddipet: A house was gutted after the battery of an electric vehicle went off at Pedda Cheekodu village in Dubbaka Mandal in the wee hours of Wednesday.

Police said Lakshmi Narayana had parked his bike at his neighbor B Durgaiah's house before retiring for the day. Around midnight, the battery of the bike exploded causing fire to Durgaiah's house.

The semi-pucca house of Durgaiah was completely damaged in the incident. Luckily, none was injured in the incident as the family members were sleeping in the open place some distance away. A fire tender from Dubbak rushed to Pedda Cheekodu and doused the flames.

The bike was being charged when the mishap took place. Narayana had bought the vehicle only a few months ago. The extent of property damage is yet to be ascertained. Dubbaka police have registered a case.

Next Story
Share it