Vijayawada shopkeeper gives college student acid instead of water

A final-year student of Loyola Degree College, was playing volleyball in the NK Padu area. When he went to a shop to get a water bottle, the shopkeeper handed him a bottle of acid instead of a water bottle.

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  17 April 2022 10:07 AM GMT
Vijayawada shopkeeper gives college student acid instead of water

Vijayawada: In a shocking incident here, a boy accidentally drank acid water due to a shopkeeper's negligence.

According to circle inspector Pawan Kumar of the Patamata police station, K. Chaitanya, a final-year student of Loyola Degree College, was playing volleyball in the NK Padu area. When he went to a shop to get a water bottle, the shopkeeper handed him a bottle of acid instead of a water bottle. The thirsty student drank the acid.

He was admitted to a private hospital in a critical condition. Students of Loyola College collected donations for his treatment. Presently, the boy is recovering.

A case has been registered by the Patamata police and they are investigating if it was an accident or an intentional crime.

Next Story
Share it