Don't withhold certificates of students for flimsy reasons: TS tells junior colleges

Earlier on Thursday, a student of Narayana Junior College in Ramanthapur attempted suicide after the college refused to give him his transfer certificate.

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  19 Aug 2022 3:01 PM GMT
Dont withhold certificates of students for flimsy reasons: TS tells junior colleges

Hyderabad: Following the incident in Narayana Junior College on 19 August where a student attempted suicide after being denied a transfer certificate, the Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education (TSBIE) directed all institutes in the state not to withhold certificates of students who are leaving the junior colleges.

The direction was issued to principals of government junior colleges and the management of private aided and private unaided, co-operative, TS residential, TS social welfare residential, TS tribal welfare residential, TS model, BC welfare, KGBV, and incentive junior colleges.

"It is the responsibility of the principal to issue all the certificates related to the students while leaving the junior college and they are also informed not to withhold the certificates by stating flimsy reasons," read the TSBIE order.

TSBIE further instructed all district officers to inspect all private junior colleges and ensure that no college withholds certificates of students for any reason whatsoever. "Any complaint in this regard can be lodged with the concerned district intermediate education officer or Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education," said TSBIE.

Further, it reiterated that any violation of the rules, regulations, and guidelines prescribed in respect of the issuance of certain certificates related to the students will be viewed very seriously and necessary action will be initiated against such management.

Earlier on Thursday, a student of Narayana Junior College in Ramanthapur attempted suicide after the college refused to give him his transfer certificate. The student, who was reportedly tired of the administration's harassment for non-payment of fees, went to the principal's room with a bottle of petrol and set the room on fire. The principal and the administrative officer were seriously injured. The three were immediately taken to Gandhi Hospital for treatment.

Next Story
Share it