FACT CHECK: Hyderabad, Rachakonda police announce one time discount on pending traffic challans

Social media users are claiming that the Traffic Police of Hyderabad, Cyberabad, and Rachakonda will be giving one time concession to all those having pending challans is circulating.

By Misha Rajani  Published on  24 Feb 2022 4:22 AM GMT
FACT CHECK: Hyderabad, Rachakonda police announce one time discount on pending traffic challans

HYDERABAD: Social media users are claiming that the Traffic Police of Hyderabad, Cyberabad, and Rachakonda will be giving one time concession to all those having pending challans is circulating.

A WhatsApp message states that this idea was introduced to give respite to those who could not pay challans due to economic hardships. It claims that the concession will be from March 1, 2022.


FACT CHECK:

Only the Hyderabad and Rachakonda traffic police have announced a 'one-time discount' for violators to clear their pending challan. The Cyberabad police are yet to confirm.

Hyderabad and Rachakonda cops have confirmed to NewsMeter about the one-time discount. However, the Cyberabad police (at the time of writing the article) haven't.

The viral WhatsApp message stands correct only for 2 Commissionerates.

This move has been initiated keeping in mind the economic hardships caused following the Covid pandemic. The below discounts have been confirmed by only the Hyderabad and Rachakonda traffic commissionerates as of now.

- 2 wheelers and autos: If 25% is paid, the remaining 75% pending challans would be waived off

- Pushcarts and petty vendors (39b cases): If 20% is paid, the remaining 80% pending challans would be waived off.

- LMVs, cars, jeeps, heavy vehicles: If 50% is paid, the remaining 50% pending challans would be waived off

The offer is only valid for the month of March 2022 and the payment can be made online.

Claim Review:Traffic Police of Hyderabad, Cyberabad, and Rachakonda will be giving one-time concession to all those having pending challan.
Claimed By:Social Media Users
Claim Reviewed By:Newsmeter
Claim Source:Social Media
Claim Fact Check:True
Next Story
Share it