Hyderabad: Minor fire broke out in the blood bank at MNJ Cancer Hospital in Nampally around 8:30 am on Wednesday. No casualties or injuries were reported in the incident. A loss of Rs 1.5 lakh was estimated in the primary investigation.
Speaking to NewsMeter, K. Tukaram, station fire officer, Assembly fire station, said that they received a call around 8:30 am and then rushed to the spot from the fire station.
“The fire was put out within half-an-hour. There was only minimum damage to the property. The fire, probably caused due to short circuit, did not cause harm to any individual.”
As a safety measure, all the floors of the building were evacuated, including those sheltering the staff, with the help of the local police.