Hyderabad: Panic gripped LV Prasad Eye Hospital at Banjara Hills when an electric transformer caught fire.

The incident occurred at 8.30 pm when the area was bustling with activities. The fire also spread to the overhead footbridge located outside the hospital.

Fire department officials told NewsMeter that the fire was immediately brought under control. The timely intervention of the fire officials prevented a major tragedy.

While a short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire, it was found that an escalator of the overhead bridge was also damaged in the incident.

The incident caused a traffic jam in the area. The incident occurred when people were leaving offices for their homes. After the fire was brought under control, the traffic movement was restored.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *