Today we see many people who are young having premature white hair. The reasons for this are many and not always related to age. Grey hair can occur due to several reasons, and we find several youngsters with strands of silver in the hair. If you are worried and anxious about your hair, take a deep breath! There are several homemade tips available today that help you regain the natural color of your hair.
Causes of Grey Hair:
It is common to see people with a grey mop of hair, and this is the bane of modern lifestyle. Early grey hair occurs due to several reasons. Today there is so much stress and poor lifestyle habits that these turn out to be major causes of grey hair. Grey hair also occurs when there are vitamin deficiency and environmental factors. Another reason would be an imbalance in hormones. Genes also play a vital role in hair greying.
Home Remedies for Grey Hair at Young Age:
Henna is a natural colorant and conditioner. It is an age-old remedy used for premature grey hair. Another added benefit is that henna can make your hair healthy and brings a shine to your hair. Using this home remedy to darken hair is an easy and safe method. This is a simple remedy that can be done at home.
Ingredients: Henna and Black Tea Leaves
- In a bowl of water, soak some henna and leave it overnight.
- In the morning boil some black tea leaves, but do not allow it to steep for a long time.
- After it cools, add the henna to this and mix well so that you get a smooth paste.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this to cover all the greys in your hair and let it remain for one hour.
- Rinse hair with warm water.
- Repeat this once a month to maintain the rich color of your hair.
2. Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil:
Curry leaves are good at restoring the lost pigment in the hair. It makes hair smooth and silky. The most crucial factor is that it prevents premature gray hair. This is a popular home remedy that most of us know. It is effortless to prepare at home.
Ingredients: Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil
- Boil curry leaves in coconut oil until we can see a black residue.
- Allow the oil to cool
- Apply it to the hair from the root to the hair tips.
- One can also let it remain for 1-2 hours before washing it with a mild shampoo.
- Do this two to three times a week.
3. Amla and Almond Oil:
Amla reduces the loss of pigment from the hair. It makes hair strong and improves hair health. Amla or the Indian Gooseberry is very effective on hair and used directly on it. This remedy works best at keeping premature greying at bay.
Ingredients: Amla Powder and Almond Oil
- Amla powder can be made initially by drying cut amla pieces in the shade.
- Grind into a powder.
- Add amla powder to almond oil and boil until it changes color.
- Cool before use
- Apply this oil from the root of the hair to the hair tips.
4. Black Tea:
Black tea has more caffeine compared to coffee and works well as a premature grey hair remedy. It not only darkens the hair but brings an excellent shine to it too. It is best to apply this to freshly shampooed hair.
Ingredients: Black tea and salt
- Brew strong black tea using two tablespoons of black tea and add a spoon of salt to it.
- After cooling, apply this liberally all over washed hair so that it covers all the grey hair areas.
- An alternate method is to use tea bags too, which can give you the same result.
5. Onion Juice:
Onion works wonderfully well on premature hair whitening. It has an enzyme that helps in darkening the hair. A combination of onion juice with lemon juice and olive oil make the right combination.
Ingredients: Onion Juice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil
- Grate an onion and use a sieve to strain and remove the juice.
- Mix four teaspoons of onion juice with a spoon each of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Massage your scalp thoroughly with this and let it remain for half an hour before washing with a herbal shampoo.
Sage can work best on grey hair at an early age. It not only darkens hair but also helps to nourish hair and promote hair growth. It also prevents the occurrence of new grey hair.
Ingredients: Dried sage leaves
- Add crushed dried sage leaves (around four) to boiling water.
- After it boils well, let it stand for 2-3 hours.
- Drain it. Add a few drops of glycerine to it.
- Massage this well on grey hair to work well against premature grey hair.
7. Fenugreek and Amla:
Amla is known to benefit hair not only to promote growth but also works well to prevent the greying of hair at a young age. Fenugreek has all the nutrients required and works well for hair health.
Ingredients: Fenugreek Powder (one tablespoon), few pieces of AmlaAmla, and Coconut Oil (three tablespoons)
- Heat coconut oil and add cut pieces of AmlaAmla to it.
- Boil this for a while. Now add a tablespoon of fenugreek powder.
- After it cools down, strain this well
- Apply this all over hair liberally and leave it overnight.
- Wash hair with a mild or herbal shampoo.
8. Lemon Juice and Almond Oil:
The combination of almond oil and lemon juice works best as a remedy for grey hair at a young age. Almond oil has vitamin E in it and nourishes the hair, whereas lemon helps to add bounce and shine to the hair.
Ingredients: Almond oil and Lemon juice
- In a bowl and add the above ingredients in the ratio of 2:3.
- Massage this well into the scalp.
- Let it stay for half an hour minutes before washing it with a mild shampoo. This home remedy
- helps to prevent the occurrence of premature greying.
9. Henna and Coffee:
The qualities of henna for hair have always been now and is an age-old home remedy because it is a natural colorant and, when combined with coffee, makes a wonderful combination to work against premature greying of hair in a teenager.
Ingredients: Henna and coffee (one tablespoon), along with oil of choice
- In a vessel of boiling water, add one tablespoon of coffee powder.
- After it cools down, add the henna powder to this and make a smooth paste out of it.
- Add the oil in this mixture and mix well.
- Now apply this all over the hair.
- Let it stay for one hour before washing it with a sulfate-free shampoo.
10. Ridge Gourd Oil:
This oil is an unusual one, not known to many people, but it is reasonably easy to prepare at home. Have some ridge gourd pieces cut and dried in the sun. Ridge gourd has some enzymes that can return the dark colour to the hair while making the hair healthy too.
Ingredients: Ridge gourd pieces dried in the sun, and coconut oil
- Add dried ridge gourd pieces to coconut oil and let it remain for three days.
- After three days, boil this oil.
- Strain this oil and pour it into a bottle for use.
- Massage this oil well into scalp and hair.
- Let it remain overnight
- Wait till the next day, and rinse your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo.
Premature greying of hair can happen to anybody, even young people. There is no need to panic at first sight of a grey strand in your hair. The above home remedies are easy to prepare and are the best remedy for premature grey hair. Some of them help in preventing the appearance of premature grey hair. Do try out these remedies, and let us know which one suited you the best.