Hyderabad: A COVID patient from Sindhi Colony in Hyderabad died of cardiac arrest on Thursday morning while he was coping for Coronavirus. With this, the death toll has climbed to 24 in Telangana.
The 66-year-old man, a resident of Sindhi Colony in the city, was tested positive for COVID-19 on April 18. What shocked the family was that the patient had neither a travel history nor had a primary or secondary contact with any positive case.
However, he was suffering from a heart ailment. While he was recuperating for coronavirus at Gandhi Hospital, he suffered a massive heart attack at 7. 30 AM on Thursday, officials said. He was the only COVID patient from Sindhi colony. A senior doctor on condition of anonymity told NewsMeter, ” The 66 year-old man was referred by a private hospital and had pre-existing heart ailment. Patient’s history showed that he was a smoker. While he was copying from the infection at Gandhi, he suffered an attack on Thursday. Like wise, half of the deaths in the state are not due to the virus but existing ailments. Also private hospitals are referring patient in the last minutes, most patients are brought dead’.
The decease’s wife, son and brother attended the funeral at Kawadiguda. The family has been tested negative. However, they will be undergoing a second round of tests after the incubation period. The entire apartment in Sindhi colony has been barricaded. A guard has been deployed to ensure that no one enters the colony,” said a GHMC officer requesting anonymity.
Around 100 houses in the surroundings, including two high-end supermarkets in the locality, have been sealed. The health department and GHMC are in the process to trace the contact of the deceased.
Around eight people including two from his family and other staff working in his house have been tested so far, the officer added.
“We came to know on April 18 when the officials placed his family under house quarantine. Their maid comes from the Rasoolpura, which has six positive cases. The family suspects that their maid might have been the source of the infection. The maid and her husband continued to work despite the lockdown,” said a resident living in the neighborhood