Hyderabad: The Telangana government has issued a traffic advisory for the occasion of Ganesha idol immersion, due to be held on Tuesday, September 1st.
As per the police department, no vehicle apart from the ones carrying Ganesha idols will be allowed to move on specified routes from 9 am on September 1st to 8 am on September 2nd.
The restricted routes are as follows:
1. Vehicles carrying Ganesha idols from Falaknuma will pass through Aliabad - Nagulchinta - Charminar - Madina - Afzalgunj - Straight towards Gowliguda Chaman Road - Central Gurudwara Gowliguda - Putlibowli - Jambagh - MJ Market - Abids - Basheerbagh - Liberty - Ambedkar Statue towards upper Tank bund or NTR Marg.
2. The vehicles carrying idols from Secundrabad will pass through RP Road - MG Road - Karbala Maidan- Kawadiguda - Musheerabad X Road - RTC X Road - Narayanaguda X Road - Himayathnagar 'Y' junction and at Liberty Junction.
3. Those hailing from East Zone will pass through Uppal Ramanthapur - 6 No. Junction Amberpet - Shivam Road - NCC at OU - Durga Bai Deshmukh Hospital - Hindi Mahavidyalaya X Roads - Fever Hospital - Barkathpura X roads - Narayanaguda X Road and will join the vehicles carrying idols at RTC X Roads
4. Idols from Dilsukhnagar and IS Sadan - Saidabad Chanchalguda will join at Nalgonda X roads, while some big idols will proceed towards Amberpet via Moosarambagh. Idols coming from Tarnaka will pass through Osmania University Distance Education Road, Adikmet and join at Fever Hospital via Vidyanagar.
Traffic going towards Lalapet from Tarnaka will not be allowed on the flyover, and they may take alternative routes.
5. Vehicles carrying idols from Tolichowki, Rethibowli and Mehdipatnam side will pass through Masab Tank, Ayodhya function - Nirankari Bhavan - Old PS Saifabad - Iqbal Minar to NTR Marg.
6. Those from Erragadda will pass through SR Nagar - Ameerpet - Panjagutta - W Statue and joins the idols carrying vehicles at Nirankari Bhavan and proceed to NTR Marg.
7. Idols coming from Tappachabutra and Asifnagar side will pass through - Sitarambagh - Boiguda Kaman - Voulga Hotel - Goshamahal Baradari - Alaska - Mf Market and proceeds towards Abids - Basheerbagh - Liberty - Ambedkar Statue - Upper Tank bund or NTR Marg
The police department further mentioned that to travel from West to East side or vice versa, citizens will have to go through Basheerbagh Junction. Citizens can use the Ring Road and Begumpet area to avoid congestion.
The main points where traffic will be diverted from 6 am onwards on September 1st until the competition of immersion activities at CTO, YMCA, Paradise X roads, Patny X roads, Bata X roads, Adavaiah X roads, and Ghans Mandi X roads, are as follows:
1. HYDERABAD SOUTH: Keshavagiri, Mahaboobnagar X Roads, Engine Bowli, Nagul Chintha, Himmathpura, Hari Bowli, Asra Hospital, Mogulpura, Lakkad Kote, Madina X Road, Mf Bridge, Dar Ul Shifa X Roads, City College
2. HYDERABAD EAST: NayapulX Road, SJ Rotary, Rangmahal function, Chaderghat function, Andhra Bank function, Crown Caf6 X Roads - Amberpet Green Bawarchi Royal juice corner
3. HYDERABAD WEST: Tope Khana Mosque, Alaska Hotel Junction, Osmangunj Sanker Bagh and Seena Hotel, Ajantha Gate near Exhibition Grounds, Abkari Lane, Taj Island, Barthan Bazar, AR Petrol pump at KLK Building.
4. HYDERABAD CENTRAL: Chapel Road Entry, Gadwal Centre at GPQ, Shalimar Theatre, Gun foundry, Skyline road entry, Bharath Scouts & Guides function in Domalguda, Kalanjali at Control Room, Liberty function, MCH 0ffice Y junction, BRK Bhavan junction near Telugu Thalli function, Iqbal Minar, Ravindra Bharathi, Dwaraka Hotel Junction, Khairatabad function (Visweswaraiah Statue), Children's Park, Mariott Hotel junction, Kawadiguda Junction, Musheeerabad X road, RTC X road, Katta Maisamma Temple at Lower Tank Bund, Indira Park f unction
5. HYDERABAD NORTH (Secunderabad): Traffic will not be allowed to enter the Necklace Road and Upper Tank Bund from Karbala Maidan, Buddha Bhavan, Sailing Club and Nallagutta function.
In case of an emergency or to inquire about the status of traffic, citizens can contact the control room: O4O-27852482, 9490 598 985, 9010203626
Citizens can also use Google Maps for live traffic updates.