Hyderabad: A two-year-old boy, who had accidentally fallen into a hot `Sheer Khurma' cauldron during Ramzan, succumbed to his wounds on Sunday.

Identified as Mohd Nabeel of Phoolbagh in Chandrayangutta, he had received severe burns.

On May 14, his mother Amreen had prepared Sheer Khurma. She later kept the vessel on the floor for cooling and got busy with other chores. Nabeel, who was playing slipped in the room, slipped, and fell into the vessel.

Hearing his loud cries, his parents rushed him to Osmania Hospital. Since then he had been undergoing treatment in the burns ward. He died on Sunday. Police have registered a case and started an investigation.

Newsmeter Network

An independent digital media platform that brings you credible news stories and Analysis of current affairs as they unfold.

Next Story