Hyderabad: Come and immerse yourself in song and dance on Tank Bund this Sunday. Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) is making massive arrangements to make Traffic-free Sundays as Fundays for the families thereby making it an immersive and enjoyable experience.
Ceremonial Bagpiper Band of the Indian Army, AOC Secunderabad will be performing live on the Tank Bund Road on Sunday. This will be followed by local artists wowing the citizens with their beatboxing and singing skills. Traditional Folk artists will also be displaying their talent for the visitors. Professional clown artists, jugglers, cyclists, etc have all been roped in to showcase their art.
Dedicated stalls have been allotted to the handicraft artisans from Shilparamam to sell their products. TSCO handloom products, stalls with a mix of eco-friendly and a wide variety of handicrafts will all be present.
As a gesture for the visiting citizens, the urban forestry wing of HMDA will be distributing free saplings to all. Along with music, shopping, and a plethora of other activities will be showcased. A number of Food Trucks will showcase different cuisines to woo food lovers.
Mobile Public Toilets and ambulance facilities have also been arranged. All arrangements are being made keeping in mind that the main road remains clear for visitors. Well-lit Tank Bund road will be a go-to spot for all the citizens this Sunday with a perfect carnival setting.
Ganesh immersion on Tank Bund road will be permitted after 10 pm only on September 12 and that too from the Sailing club/ Marriott hotel side. Any immersion before 10 pm is not permissible on Tank Bund road and should be done on NTR Marg or towards the People's Plaza side on PVNR marg. This has been done to ensure the safety of families/pedestrians on the Tank Bund road.
Located in the center of the city, the Tank bund road along Hussain Sagar is one of the oldest hangout spots for the citizens of Hyderabad. Its natural beauty attracts citizens from all over the city to unwind and spend leisure time, especially in the evenings.
Tank Bund has recently got a new makeover with spacious footpaths, street furniture, decorative lighting, and lush greenery.
Here are routes to take on Sunday evenings when travelling to Tank Bund
Hyderabad: A few days ago, the Hyderabad traffic police came up with a new plan to restrict vehicular movement on Tank Bund on Sundays from 5 p.m to 10 p.m. On Friday, the traffic police released the diversion route for motorists.
Here are the routes people travelling towards Tank Bund on Sunday can take:
· Traffic coming from Liberty towards Upper Tank Bund will be diverted at Ambedkar statue towards Telugu Thalli, Iqbal Minar.
· Traffic coming from Telugu Thalli towards Upper Tank Bund will not be allowed and will be diverted at Ambedkar statue towards Liberty, Himayat Nagar.
· Traffic coming from Karbala Maidan towards Upper Tank Bund will be diverted at Sailing Club towards Kavadiguda DBR Mills - Lower Tank Bund - Katta Maisamma Temple - Telugu Talli Flyover.
· Traffic coming from DBR Mills towards Upper Tank Bund will be diverted at DBR Mills towards Ghosala - Kavadiguda - Jabbar Complex - Bible House.
· Traffic coming from Iqbal Minar towards Secunderabad will be diverted at Old Secretariat towards Telugu Talli Flyover.
Parking for visitors coming from Ambedkar Statue side
1. Ambedkar Statue to Lepakshi.
2. Dr. Cars.
3. New MLA Quarters, Adarshnagar.
4. Near Andhra Secretariat.
Parking for visitors coming from Karbala Maidan side
1. Sailing Club to Children's park.
2. Behind Buddha Bhavan towards Necklace road.
3. NTR grounds.
The traffic police have requested commuters and the general public to avoid the Tank Bund route and take alternative routes on Sundays between 5 p.m and 10 p.m to reach their destinations without any hassle.