Gandhi Hospital to resume non-COVID services from 3 August

The Gandhi Hospital in Secunderabad has decided to start non-COVID19 services from 3 August. Meanwhile, it will continue the COVID-19 services in the hospital.

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  28 July 2021 2:28 AM GMT
Gandhi Hospital to resume non-COVID services from 3 August

Hyderabad: The Gandhi Hospital in Secunderabad has decided to start non-COVID19 services from 3 August. Meanwhile, it will continue the COVID-19 services in the hospital.

In view of the rapid surge in COVID-19 cases in the state, Gandhi Hospital had stopped admitting non- COVID cases from 16 April. It had reserved all the beds for COVID-19 patients.

The superintendent of Gandhi Hospital, Dr. Raja Rao, said the Ortho ICU (Covid Triage) and the second and third floors of the hospital will be used for COVID-19 cases while the fourth floor will be reserved for COVID - Mucormycosis cases. The rest of the hospital areas and wards will be used for general non-COVID services, he said.

"As the number of COVID-19 patients is still high and further surge is unpredictable, all heads of departments are requested to allot 40 per cent of their department faculty, senior residents (SRs), and postgraduates to COVID services while the other 60 per cent of doctors will cater to non-COVID general services," said Dr. Rao.

The heads of department have further been requested to provide a list of faculty members, SRs, and postgraduates to the Roster Committee to prepare the roster. The nursing superintendent and health inspector have been instructed to prepare all wards, OT's, and other areas for COVID and non-COVID services according to hospital infection control protocols.

Dr. Rao also said that all resident medical officers have been instructed to coordinate and monitor COVID and non-COVID services in their relevant areas and submit the compliance report.

Next Story
Share it